THE HOME BUYING PROCESS
- Determine MUST-HAVE Property Features -- bedrooms, baths, basements, privacy fence, etc.? Our selections will meet these requirements.
- Decide on NICE-TO-HAVE Features -- hardwood floors, neighborhood, 2.5-car garage, etc.?
- And... What if we can't get all of these -- which have priority?
- Decide on objectionable property features -- Trains, highway, landscaping, etc.
- See a Lender and Obtain a Pre-approval Letter (usually by phone).
- View Houses with me until you have found THE right house. No pressure to move quickly or settle!
- Decide on special conditions -- appliances to stay, swing set, closing on a certain date? All of these affect the value of your offer to the seller.
- Write offer to purchase - You tell me what you want, and I do the rest.
- Negotiate terms and price over 2-3 days until final agreement.
- Perform inspections - overall home, wood-destroying insects, radon, site survey.
- Write inspection repair request and negotiate final agreement.
- Wait while loan is finalized, title search completed and closing arrangements made.
- Now it is time to close and move in.